Parenting Hypocrisy?

Posted On // Leave a Comment
In my day, I was carefree and wreckless. I didn't get in to TOO much trouble but I had my share of... uhmm "naughtiness". And I sure as hell know (and remember quite well, still, that) I didn't like adults putting boundaries on my whims.

So imagine my horror at my ability to pull a poker face and to ask the "proper" questions expected of a parent the other day.

Jonesy: Mom, may I sleep over at classmate x's after the high school dance?
Motherfnkr: (thoughtful how to pull this one off while being true to myself) *long pause* Classmate X who?
Jonesy: One of my friends in class.... So, can I?
Motherfnkr: *long pause* How many will you be there?
Jonesy: Dunno yet.
Motherfnkr: *all-thinky and shit* Does classmate x have adult supervision at home?
Jonesy: Of course.
Motherfnkr: I see. Remember your last night out? The rule is leaving the landline phone number before you can go.
Jonesy: Yeah, I'm texting now for his phone number. *Slinks away*

I still had many questions and he escaped!

I have this issue with my myself about being too inquisitive about permissions and all, when I myself once upon a time was a.. ehmm... real headache.

But that's just for myself. My deep, dark secret.

For showtime, I am inquisitive and have to have all those numbers just in case.

Just in case he ends up like me. lol.



Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

0 comments: