Skip to main content

Poked eyes and giant sharpeners

Yesterday, I was blissfully looking forward to a quiet day of work here in the house. Had a lot of catching up to do.

Phone rings at 7:30 am. It was 8-year old's teacher, who told me 8yo tripped while horsing around with his classmates and landed his eye on the table's corner. WTFonk???

So I went to school and found him looking like a boxer with a busted eye. This is the son who refuses to have a haircut because he feels shorter hair uglifies him, even though the hair cut off was 3mm and doesn't really change anything. So I imagine he's more concerned with what happens to his face.

He said he didn't feel dizzy after or nauseous, or puke-y, much to my relief.

Me I'm usually more laid back with accidents, but hey, the head is the head. Plus I was concerned that a major part of the eye may have been damaged so off to the doc we went. There were no ophthalmologists that morning so I picked a kid neurologist instead. We waited a while for the doc to come so we just goofed around in the waiting area and laughed at the silliest things we can think of.

He had his big hankie over his face like a veil because he was very conscious of how he looked like. Suddenly he blurted out "I'm a Golden Bride..." (Golden Bride is a tv show that we don't watch, but he sees the commercial) and I reflexively blurted "Anak, that's so gay." and he laughed and laughed. Dang. This is what happens when a fag-hag raises a young boy.

He was recommended to get a ct-scan, for good measure.

8 year old felt he was on a field trip when he saw the CT-scanner. The 8year old fonker tried stifling giggles as the contraption moved him towards the big hole at the middle. "See anak, you're a giant pencil going inside the giant sharpener. And I pretend to crank in the air "And I'm gonna sharpen your head offfff."

When the results came, everything was ok. No fractures. Just swollen eye balls.

Still lucky. Teynks God.



ALERT: When your child bumps the head/ pokes the eye
:

Watch out for
- dizziness
- vomiting
- nausea
- unconsciousness

Don't pry open the eye. Just bring immediately to the doctor and let the doctor do the checking.

Comments

Casey said…
Oh wow, I'm glad the kid is ok. That pencil sharpener sounds cool, maybe I'll schedule one this morning. There's gotta be something wrong with this noggin of mine if I'm so addicted to blogging.

I bet the kid looks super tough with that eye!
Gem said…
Hahaha! Mother na mother!

Boys! My daughter is not that "likot" so I don't have to worry that much.

I worry more when she gets to be on her teenage years!

Popular posts from this blog

Diliman Preparatory School QC Rocks

Summary: This is a School Review, based on our family's experience.

If you are looking for an excellent school in Quezon City for your elementary or high school children, Diliman Preparatory School along Commonwealth offers up-to-date competitive curriculum in Mathematics, Sciences and Reading. They also have excellent extra-curriculum activities that will help give your children a holistic education.




Last week, at my son's academic achievement awarding ceremony (he got the no.1 honor in class again, yay! Good job, son!), the CEO of the school talked to the parents about the achievements of the school for the year, and the changes for next year.

To be quick about it, this year, Diliman Preparatory School:
- started with the Singaporean Math curriculum
- used the very new Learning by Design Reading program (it's a research-based and assessment-based reading curriculum)
- I noticed they introduced Robotics this year
- There are more changes I approve of but I won't list …

Another birthday...

I can't believe my teen is now 15!

I saw my old post about Isiah's birthday in 2008 and wow... time does fly.


Well, Isiah's 15 today and things are still quite smooth sailing.

No honors in school this year, but that's alright.
He is passionate about his music more than ever. I admire that he regularly sets aside time to study and practice music on his own.
He is not as relationship-crazy or girl-crazy the past months, I wonder why.
He is totally into new-age yikies like meditation and chakras.
Seems like he is generally enjoying his school and friends.

I do bare my fangs for him mostly over his chore of washing the dishes, but that's about it. Yeah, boring.

But for this kind of boring, I am totally grateful. Yay.



Happy birthday son. Thank you for honoring my life with your presence. Love always,


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

You Know They've Grown Again When...

I've never done this to my kids, but some parents tell their kids "If you're bad, I will go away."

I knew my 10 year old has grown again when I told him before my night out, "If you're going to be so difficult, I will stay in and cancel." Watch me watch you the whole night.

Yeah, that pretty much got him behaved. I was able to go out. ;-)





Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog