Skip to main content

Halloween's Coming Up! What's your Kid Gonna Be?

Year in, year out, it's the usual scenario. I ask smaller bro what he's gonna be for halloween, no answer, ask, no answer, ask until it's tada! Cramming time for halloween costume once again.

This year, I've been pestering him to be a Jabbawockee but he doesn't want to.
He's the type of kid who makes it a point that when he does wear a costume, he will look nice. So that definitely strikes out monsters, gore, funny tights and masked faces.

Two years ago, he wanted to be Harry Potter. So he showed up at my sister's office's treat or trick in a store bought costume - a long, wide sleeved black coat labelled "Wizard Costume". He also wore a shirt, vest and orange tie and black pants.


A rare picture that shows his face :-p


As he passed by the young employees, they did say "Oh, it's Harry Potter."

But as he approached one director for his treat, he was welcomed warmly.

"Hello.... And who might you be? (thinks)

Oh, you must be The Graduate!"

(Hoo boy, wonder why I heard Simon and Garfunkel in my head...)



This year, I asked him what he wanted to be for halloween.

Now he had an immediate answer: "Hali Bote," he said without glancing from the computer monitor.

Hali Bote is Chinese for Harry Potter.

Altogether now: "And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know..."


Oh well, that means I don't have to buy anything this year.

What about your kid? What does your child want to be this halloween?


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

Comments

Mrsbear said…
Not having to purchase a new costume is a good thing. All four of mine want to be something different this year and the clock is ticking...maybe I should have them make their own costumes. Although a Transformer would be challenging.
Kat said…
yeah, this is pretty crazy shit:

http://www.break.com/index/awesome-halloween-costume.html

i haven't shown this to leon yet.

i don't intend to. lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Diliman Preparatory School QC Rocks

Summary: This is a School Review, based on our family's experience.

If you are looking for an excellent school in Quezon City for your elementary or high school children, Diliman Preparatory School along Commonwealth offers up-to-date competitive curriculum in Mathematics, Sciences and Reading. They also have excellent extra-curriculum activities that will help give your children a holistic education.




Last week, at my son's academic achievement awarding ceremony (he got the no.1 honor in class again, yay! Good job, son!), the CEO of the school talked to the parents about the achievements of the school for the year, and the changes for next year.

To be quick about it, this year, Diliman Preparatory School:
- started with the Singaporean Math curriculum
- used the very new Learning by Design Reading program (it's a research-based and assessment-based reading curriculum)
- I noticed they introduced Robotics this year
- There are more changes I approve of but I won't list …

Another birthday...

I can't believe my teen is now 15!

I saw my old post about Isiah's birthday in 2008 and wow... time does fly.


Well, Isiah's 15 today and things are still quite smooth sailing.

No honors in school this year, but that's alright.
He is passionate about his music more than ever. I admire that he regularly sets aside time to study and practice music on his own.
He is not as relationship-crazy or girl-crazy the past months, I wonder why.
He is totally into new-age yikies like meditation and chakras.
Seems like he is generally enjoying his school and friends.

I do bare my fangs for him mostly over his chore of washing the dishes, but that's about it. Yeah, boring.

But for this kind of boring, I am totally grateful. Yay.



Happy birthday son. Thank you for honoring my life with your presence. Love always,


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog