Skip to main content

Teen Boys' Hair


Guess whose? The quintessential hair guy as dead as his hair.



My brother and dad were quite the low maintenance kind when it came to their hair (well, about everything actually) that I was quite fascinated with male characters in the movies who were bitchy about hair. "Touch everything! but my hair."

I didn't know it was possible with real life teen boys.

My tween (9yo only) has been refusing to have his hair cut for the longest time. He insisted he was growing it out. We ignored it, assuming it was just one of his harmless whims.

Then one day, he went to the barber and had the sides trimmed. Now he had this sorta short emo style hair.

That day when he first appeared at home, I heard big bro scoff as only siblings can "You're ugly."

I knew what that you're ugly meant. Somebody's enviousss...

Thing is: Tween's hair is straight and manageable.
Teen's hair is wavy, curly,stringy, frizzy and like its owner, has a mind of its own.
You only get to notice it if he grows it. He has a clean barber's cut all the time. Same and uniform, and now, in his standards, boring.

Little bro's new hairstyle got the wheels in my teen's hair, ehmm, head turning. He suddenly woke up that it's okay to have different looks.

So each day, I would at least once have to listen to musings over how to improve his hair. I've been hearing about hair rebonding, ironing, blowdrying, delaying a trip to the barbers, and can you please mom get me some wax.

(It is no secret that I am trying to raise metrosexual boys, so) I try to be supportive, at least.

I did get him some hair products, but I don't think he's doing anything, except switch the shampoo he's using to the same one I do use.

But still, agonizing... agonizing... agonizing...

Vanity can easily turn to neurosis(another pet issue of mine when it comes to raising boys. Something for next time). Let's see if this vanity leads to sticking straws - - into hair.



Digg!


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diliman Preparatory School QC Rocks

Summary: This is a School Review, based on our family's experience.

If you are looking for an excellent school in Quezon City for your elementary or high school children, Diliman Preparatory School along Commonwealth offers up-to-date competitive curriculum in Mathematics, Sciences and Reading. They also have excellent extra-curriculum activities that will help give your children a holistic education.




Last week, at my son's academic achievement awarding ceremony (he got the no.1 honor in class again, yay! Good job, son!), the CEO of the school talked to the parents about the achievements of the school for the year, and the changes for next year.

To be quick about it, this year, Diliman Preparatory School:
- started with the Singaporean Math curriculum
- used the very new Learning by Design Reading program (it's a research-based and assessment-based reading curriculum)
- I noticed they introduced Robotics this year
- There are more changes I approve of but I won't list …

Another birthday...

I can't believe my teen is now 15!

I saw my old post about Isiah's birthday in 2008 and wow... time does fly.


Well, Isiah's 15 today and things are still quite smooth sailing.

No honors in school this year, but that's alright.
He is passionate about his music more than ever. I admire that he regularly sets aside time to study and practice music on his own.
He is not as relationship-crazy or girl-crazy the past months, I wonder why.
He is totally into new-age yikies like meditation and chakras.
Seems like he is generally enjoying his school and friends.

I do bare my fangs for him mostly over his chore of washing the dishes, but that's about it. Yeah, boring.

But for this kind of boring, I am totally grateful. Yay.



Happy birthday son. Thank you for honoring my life with your presence. Love always,


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog