Skip to main content

What kind of Mother...

Yes, I totally forgot I joined up for the NaBloPoMo. I didn't write yesterday. It slipped my mind that I committed to write everyday!

Oh well, anyway.

- - -

What kind of Mother...
Doesn't blog about her son's birthday???

Jonesy turned 14 last Oct. 30.
14 years ago, I was wheeled into the delivery room at 5AM and out popped the scrawny worm baby by 6AM.

The worm baby also screeched LOUUUUUUD and DEEP. The worm baby sounded like a fog horn, really. Later on, younger bro would have a very deep baby voice but even he didn't cry THAT loud when he was born. It gave me the omen that this kid could be such a whiner and disser.

My fondest baby memory of Jonesy was him with his "pet" stand fan. As Jonesy wheeled about in his wheeled walker, he clasped the stand fan (with wheels) and he and his "pet" rolled about. Think of the movie "Up". Something like that.

As he toddled through the baby years, he would develop the knack for doing the things you just taught him not to - and with flair. If you told him not to dip his hand down the aquarium, he wouldn't dip his hand. He would chuck in a toy into the aquarium, say the toddler equivalent of "Oops, my toy." and find him sloshing around (head, arms and half body in the aquarium).

He was smart and had a temper, even in his baby years. He had the toy to shoot the correct shapes through. As he tried to put the star shape through the star hole, and couldn't, he angrily opened the damn toy, slammed the star shape in and slammed the thing shut.

Yeah, well he was quite the high-strung kid and if you had a crappy teen-aged mom you would be too (you have permission to blame the mother with all kinds of "what kind of mother..." stuff).

Fast forward to a decade or so later. Yep, he's still quite the hot headed boy with his brother. But in his other environment of school and friends, he is top in his class, he plays a mean keyboard and guitar and peers run to him for advice. Every so often, he would bring home medals and/ or ask me to come to school and award him with something. And with his mother who he knows has an eagle-eye out for hanky-panky, he surprisingly spoils her in their weird kind of non-mush understanding.

So what kind of mother has a smart, talented and understanding boy for a son? One hell of a lucky motherfonker.



Happy birthday, son!
Thank you for giving me glimpses of the universe with your presence.




Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

Comments

Mrsbear said…
Happy Birthday to your boy. My oldest turned 15 on October 24th. Her personality sounds similar to your son's, at least during those stubborn baby/toddler years, don't even get me started on the screaming and colic. Yikes.
kat said…
wait til she gets colic TODAY. shudder shudder.... *run!*

Popular posts from this blog

Diliman Preparatory School QC Rocks

Summary: This is a School Review, based on our family's experience.

If you are looking for an excellent school in Quezon City for your elementary or high school children, Diliman Preparatory School along Commonwealth offers up-to-date competitive curriculum in Mathematics, Sciences and Reading. They also have excellent extra-curriculum activities that will help give your children a holistic education.




Last week, at my son's academic achievement awarding ceremony (he got the no.1 honor in class again, yay! Good job, son!), the CEO of the school talked to the parents about the achievements of the school for the year, and the changes for next year.

To be quick about it, this year, Diliman Preparatory School:
- started with the Singaporean Math curriculum
- used the very new Learning by Design Reading program (it's a research-based and assessment-based reading curriculum)
- I noticed they introduced Robotics this year
- There are more changes I approve of but I won't list …

Another birthday...

I can't believe my teen is now 15!

I saw my old post about Isiah's birthday in 2008 and wow... time does fly.


Well, Isiah's 15 today and things are still quite smooth sailing.

No honors in school this year, but that's alright.
He is passionate about his music more than ever. I admire that he regularly sets aside time to study and practice music on his own.
He is not as relationship-crazy or girl-crazy the past months, I wonder why.
He is totally into new-age yikies like meditation and chakras.
Seems like he is generally enjoying his school and friends.

I do bare my fangs for him mostly over his chore of washing the dishes, but that's about it. Yeah, boring.

But for this kind of boring, I am totally grateful. Yay.



Happy birthday son. Thank you for honoring my life with your presence. Love always,


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog