Skip to main content

Who Do You Use your Best Dinnerware On?

Last new year's eve, I was assigned to host the family dinner for the first time ever. Because of this, I finally got to do something I've been putting off for a long time: get some spankin' new tableware.

After the celebration, while I did the dishes and wiped those dry, my reflexes began to prepare to keep away those nice dishes for storage, to be resurrected again for the next party hosting. Reserve the best tableware and flatware for special occasions and special people, so make sure these are in 1 piece until that next time. These wouldn't survive if I used them daily, with boys' usual butterfingers and horsing around. And besides, other moms do that. They keep away their best dinnerware for parties or dinner hostings.

But then, the inner motherfonker piped up - tut, tut, tut... REALITY CHECK!

Who are the best, the most special in your life? Ehmm... my boys.

When are the most special moments of your life? Emmmm.. When I'm eating dinner with the boys, and we talk about school, life, their friends....

Okay, so who deserves to use the best dinnerware? Hehehe, me and my boys.

Exactly, now bring out those special dishes woman, before I swat you some.

Inner me had a good point, so of course, the dishes were left out in the open. These could be chipped or broken sooner or later, but those are just objects anyway. Sometimes we do have to put in perspectives what are really the most important in our lives.

Especially if you have bigger kids, having a nice set of tableware helps make dinner with them more pleasurable.

Want to get some new tableware and flatware for the family? Try Pfaltzgaff and Pottery Barn for beautiful dinnerware with the best deals.


Digg!


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diliman Preparatory School QC Rocks

Summary: This is a School Review, based on our family's experience.

If you are looking for an excellent school in Quezon City for your elementary or high school children, Diliman Preparatory School along Commonwealth offers up-to-date competitive curriculum in Mathematics, Sciences and Reading. They also have excellent extra-curriculum activities that will help give your children a holistic education.




Last week, at my son's academic achievement awarding ceremony (he got the no.1 honor in class again, yay! Good job, son!), the CEO of the school talked to the parents about the achievements of the school for the year, and the changes for next year.

To be quick about it, this year, Diliman Preparatory School:
- started with the Singaporean Math curriculum
- used the very new Learning by Design Reading program (it's a research-based and assessment-based reading curriculum)
- I noticed they introduced Robotics this year
- There are more changes I approve of but I won't list …

Another birthday...

I can't believe my teen is now 15!

I saw my old post about Isiah's birthday in 2008 and wow... time does fly.


Well, Isiah's 15 today and things are still quite smooth sailing.

No honors in school this year, but that's alright.
He is passionate about his music more than ever. I admire that he regularly sets aside time to study and practice music on his own.
He is not as relationship-crazy or girl-crazy the past months, I wonder why.
He is totally into new-age yikies like meditation and chakras.
Seems like he is generally enjoying his school and friends.

I do bare my fangs for him mostly over his chore of washing the dishes, but that's about it. Yeah, boring.

But for this kind of boring, I am totally grateful. Yay.



Happy birthday son. Thank you for honoring my life with your presence. Love always,


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

You Know They've Grown Again When...

I've never done this to my kids, but some parents tell their kids "If you're bad, I will go away."

I knew my 10 year old has grown again when I told him before my night out, "If you're going to be so difficult, I will stay in and cancel." Watch me watch you the whole night.

Yeah, that pretty much got him behaved. I was able to go out. ;-)





Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog