Skip to main content

How fast time flies...

Lol.  This blog has had many restarts, re-layouts, etc.  Now it's ressurrected again.

Lots of changes, folks.

First off, my kids are now teens.  Both of them.  Fine young men.  Too weird now, even for me.

Big laugh.  Couldn't believe they were little boys when I started this blog.

Now they are strapping young men.

The online landscape has changed a lot too. As in, a lot.

When I started this blog, my youtube vids coughed and sputtered.  As I now noticed, I missed that era posting here.  My posts don't have much video. Oh you would have had so much fun with my boys' video finds then.  But that was that.

Now everyone's on phones.  Phones!  My gosh.  Now there's Snapchat, Vine, Instagram, Line, Viber, the list is endless.  Everyone's on phones now, I kinda find it sickening.  It kind of relieves me when I find excuses to not use the phone.

But the parenting. The parenting never changes.

Now one son lives away from me.  He's eighteen now.  But we collaborate about work and life over FB chat.  Now he's my FB son. lol.  My other son is still with me, but weirder than ever, and he's comfortable in his own skin about it.  He still teaches me a lot of things about life,and love, just by being his weird self.

My niece, my surrogate daughter, will also start college soon.

Sigh.  Life.  Too fast.  I guess right now, coming back to this blog of an "empty house," a lot of memories are now tumbling down on my consciousness.  I realize we can only really live for moments,  There are chunks of moments that seem like a phase, but each one, is just a brief moment.

And life goes on.

And this blog will also go on.

A little bit learned about motherhood, a lot about being uncertain.  As I grow on coping with growing young adults, there is a lot of uncertainty in my head now.

We can only live for each moment.

Greetings.
   




Digg! Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diliman Preparatory School QC Rocks

Summary: This is a School Review, based on our family's experience.

If you are looking for an excellent school in Quezon City for your elementary or high school children, Diliman Preparatory School along Commonwealth offers up-to-date competitive curriculum in Mathematics, Sciences and Reading. They also have excellent extra-curriculum activities that will help give your children a holistic education.




Last week, at my son's academic achievement awarding ceremony (he got the no.1 honor in class again, yay! Good job, son!), the CEO of the school talked to the parents about the achievements of the school for the year, and the changes for next year.

To be quick about it, this year, Diliman Preparatory School:
- started with the Singaporean Math curriculum
- used the very new Learning by Design Reading program (it's a research-based and assessment-based reading curriculum)
- I noticed they introduced Robotics this year
- There are more changes I approve of but I won't list …

Another birthday...

I can't believe my teen is now 15!

I saw my old post about Isiah's birthday in 2008 and wow... time does fly.


Well, Isiah's 15 today and things are still quite smooth sailing.

No honors in school this year, but that's alright.
He is passionate about his music more than ever. I admire that he regularly sets aside time to study and practice music on his own.
He is not as relationship-crazy or girl-crazy the past months, I wonder why.
He is totally into new-age yikies like meditation and chakras.
Seems like he is generally enjoying his school and friends.

I do bare my fangs for him mostly over his chore of washing the dishes, but that's about it. Yeah, boring.

But for this kind of boring, I am totally grateful. Yay.



Happy birthday son. Thank you for honoring my life with your presence. Love always,


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog