Skip to main content

Booking appointments with teens



I've noticed the growing frequency of how my sister uses Facebook Events to tell my niece andy sons of our next family activities. From a trip months ahead, to their next movie date, to next weekend's gathering at gramma's house, my fb has been flashing more and more reminders of family time.

I barely noticed until my sister booked us a trip with the prompt event invite, then she asked me an hour later, "Do you think I should still make an event page for (something mundane meetup)?" My brain quickly scanned all those days when we rarely were all on the same page and the kids knew the schedules. Yep, they were those with their aunt's FB invites. We were kind of frustrated that our young are not so young anymore, 10th grade and college levels and they're still clueless about skeds!  Like 5 year olds, yes!

But yeah, this fb event page is working for our family at least.

One son asks days before about the next "event" so he can fit in his plans. Even the older brother, notorious zombie / incognito of our family, shows up when these events are punched into FB.

Gotta detest all this technology streaming in and out our brains, ears, even fingers, since it's 24/7.... but used right, they do connect us all, even family (and absent-minded ones too.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diliman Preparatory School QC Rocks

Summary: This is a School Review, based on our family's experience.

If you are looking for an excellent school in Quezon City for your elementary or high school children, Diliman Preparatory School along Commonwealth offers up-to-date competitive curriculum in Mathematics, Sciences and Reading. They also have excellent extra-curriculum activities that will help give your children a holistic education.




Last week, at my son's academic achievement awarding ceremony (he got the no.1 honor in class again, yay! Good job, son!), the CEO of the school talked to the parents about the achievements of the school for the year, and the changes for next year.

To be quick about it, this year, Diliman Preparatory School:
- started with the Singaporean Math curriculum
- used the very new Learning by Design Reading program (it's a research-based and assessment-based reading curriculum)
- I noticed they introduced Robotics this year
- There are more changes I approve of but I won't list …

Another birthday...

I can't believe my teen is now 15!

I saw my old post about Isiah's birthday in 2008 and wow... time does fly.


Well, Isiah's 15 today and things are still quite smooth sailing.

No honors in school this year, but that's alright.
He is passionate about his music more than ever. I admire that he regularly sets aside time to study and practice music on his own.
He is not as relationship-crazy or girl-crazy the past months, I wonder why.
He is totally into new-age yikies like meditation and chakras.
Seems like he is generally enjoying his school and friends.

I do bare my fangs for him mostly over his chore of washing the dishes, but that's about it. Yeah, boring.

But for this kind of boring, I am totally grateful. Yay.



Happy birthday son. Thank you for honoring my life with your presence. Love always,


Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog

You Know They've Grown Again When...

I've never done this to my kids, but some parents tell their kids "If you're bad, I will go away."

I knew my 10 year old has grown again when I told him before my night out, "If you're going to be so difficult, I will stay in and cancel." Watch me watch you the whole night.

Yeah, that pretty much got him behaved. I was able to go out. ;-)





Liked this post? You can be notified with newest entries, subscribe to MotherFonker Blog